Whiter teeth don't happen over night; it will take some time, but it doesn't always have to require expensive treatments. You can whiten your teeth at home with ingredients you already have at home to help brighten and whiten your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile. See below for tips on how to achieve a whiter smile and help keep it white.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Small amount of toothpaste
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 tsp. water
- Small bowl
- Take all of the ingredients and mix them into a small bowl with a spoon.
- Add a small amount to your toothbrush and begin brushing your teeth in a circular motion, working from front to back, then front to back on the other side.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Use this mixture to clean your teeth twice daily until your teeth have whitened to the color you are trying to achieve, then use it only every couple of days to help maintain your white smile.
If your teeth become sensitive from using this mixture, cut back on the amount of baking soda you are using in the mixture. If they are still sensitive, discontinue using this mixture and see your dentist right away.
How To Keep Your Smile White
There are a number of things you can do to help keep your teeth white.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps to keep you hydrated, and it also helps rinse your mouth out throughout the day as well.
- Eat fresh fruits and leafy green vegetables. Eating properly helps keep your teeth and gums looking healthy. Fresh fruits and vegetables don't have added sugar that can rot your teeth.
- Limit Caffeine Intake. Caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and soda can stain your teeth. Try and limit these beverages, but if you simply cannot stay away from them, be sure to drink water after these types of drinks to rinse your mouth and teeth.
- Floss And Brush Daily. Brushing and flossing your teeth twice daily helps to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Be sure to brush for two minutes each time you brush.
- Regular Dental Checkups. See your dentist regularly for a cleaning and checkup. You should see your dentist at least every six months.
You can achieve a whiter smile at home, although some stains can be tougher to whiten. If your teeth aren't lightening at all in color, you may need to seek help from your dentist.